Monday, January 23, 2012

Inaugural Post

Welcome.

My name is Jonathan Daniel, and I'm a writer.  I write fiction, mostly horror.  Although I'm sure that you could consider some of my stuff suspense or thriller.  What's in a name, anyway?

I'm writing this blog on a Monday night, in the middle of January.  My first book...well, my only book as of this writing if we must be frank, is available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble as an ebook.  It's called "The Uninvited."  I think it's pretty good...although there were plenty of days during the writing of it that I thought it was nothing but pure, unadulterated shit.  But it's selling copies and that's good enough for me.  People are reading the book and - if the reviews are to be believed - actually enjoying it.

So, I'm starting this blog as a compendium to my writings.  I want it to be a place where I can interact with you, the fan, the hater, the....writing groupie?

I want you to get to know me.  I'll have posts about writing, about my progress, about the thought process going into the next book (the idea for which I finally decided on last night), experiments I try with promotions.  And I'll share some personal things with you all too.  I promise, not all of my posts will sound as stuffy or formal as this one does (to my ears, at least).

If you're easily offended, I advise you to surf away.  I'm not going to filter anything I put on here.  Hell, sometimes you people will be lucky if I spell check it.

But if you like writing....if you like horror....if you even took some of your grandmother's mothballs, dissolved them in a glass of cold 5 day old coffee and drank it and in the ensuing hallucinatory state actually bought my book and read it and liked it, then stick around.  There be good times ahead.

Welcome....to the Infectious Condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment